Hi JoAnn, I get the joke, and appreciate it for what it's worth. But I have to respectfully disagree with the truth of your post. I know so many families with children that are working two jobs and are on welfare. WE are on welfare, since our student loans barely pay our rent. And we are not lazy. Adam is not lazy, as I'm sure you're well aware. I think social programs serve very good purposes; otherwise, why would the Church sponsor their welfare program? Granted, there will always be those that take advantage of good things. But not everyone on welfare is lazy. I do not want to hurt your feelings or cause offense, I just thought I'd give an alternative perspective on something that's a big part of our lives right now. I'm not hurt or offended, and hope you aren't either. I love you, Nora
3 comments:
Yes! So true! Rob the working to feed the lazy, I love it!
Hi JoAnn,
I get the joke, and appreciate it for what it's worth. But I have to respectfully disagree with the truth of your post. I know so many families with children that are working two jobs and are on welfare. WE are on welfare, since our student loans barely pay our rent. And we are not lazy. Adam is not lazy, as I'm sure you're well aware. I think social programs serve very good purposes; otherwise, why would the Church sponsor their welfare program? Granted, there will always be those that take advantage of good things. But not everyone on welfare is lazy.
I do not want to hurt your feelings or cause offense, I just thought I'd give an alternative perspective on something that's a big part of our lives right now. I'm not hurt or offended, and hope you aren't either. I love you,
Nora
Post a Comment