

I really liked this article. Many of the sites or articles I have found about the Twilight series are a little over the top. Although I feel a strong connection to the series and the characters, some of the fans are a little over the top - in my opinion. I mean, come on... 40-year old women with posters of Robert Pattinson on their walls? Don't get me wrong, he is a good looking kid (with great hair) and he did a wonderful job playing Edward, but he is after all just an actor playing the role of our beloved hero. I think this article by Samantha Chang is a good representation of how the adult, mentally stable fans feel about Edward. I hope you fellow Twilight fans out there enjoy the article as much as I did. Happy reading!
P.S. I love these pictures of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. They are pictures I could imagine Bella and Edward taking together.
3 comments:
That was a very good article and I love the pictures too! I also think some of the fans are a little over the top but I think it is very funny. On a certain level I can identify with them so it is hard for me to see other fans separate from myself even if they do things I would never do. The one thing I think is scarier then 40-year-old women being into the film, is teenage girls who scratch their neck and draw blood just to show Robert Pattinson at a meet and greet. With older women the obsession is all in good fun. But some teenage girls don’t know where to draw the line between fantasy and reality. And over the top is all a matter of opinion anyway. I think some would be perfectly right in thinking I am a little over the top even though I do not have posters in my room. I do love the books and never get tired of talking about them or reading or seeing anything Twilight related. Most of the time over the top fans just make me laugh. “Good for them!” I say. But when it comes to causing physical harm to ones self or others that is where I draw the line.
Ditto on all you said. I am sure to the naked eye I am also 'obsessed' with the series. I can't get enough ether. It is all relative I guess. I want to talk about it all the time, with who ever will listen. I was the only YW leader at Mutual this week. It worked out well because all of the YW there had read and LOVE the books so I got to talk with them for almost the entire time about the books! It was a good bonding time for us.
I agree that most of the fans are all in good fun. The teenagers are a concern. Drawing blood? Yikes! I hope their parents are paying attention as they should be. The series can't be blamed for individuals doing physical harm. I hope others (outside the Twilight fan base) see that.
Long live Edward and Bella! :)
Okay I love these pictures of them. Especially the last one. Wowzer they look so sexy together. Three cheers for Twilight!
Post a Comment