Friday, April 20, 2012

Celebrations and Memory Lane


Today I kept The Princes out of school.  We meet my dear friend Elena and my sister Elisabeth (and their kids) at a park in Ocoee.  This week was Elena's birthday.  Today we had a little celebration.  The kids played for HOURS and of course we talked for HOURS.  It was a blast!  I don't seem to get enough time with my gals.  I never tire of them.  <3


The park in Ocoee was a short drive away from my childhood home in Pine Hills.  (AKA - Crime Hills.)  I decided to take the kids by and see it.  They've never seen the house before and honesty I don't think my kids thought much of it.  Regardless, I had fun taking the kids by "my" house.

It was interesting looking at the house.  We experienced a lot of happiness as well as sadness in that house.  I have mixed feelings about it.  Perhaps I'll write an entry about that someday.  Suffice it to say, the tired, worn-down, worn-out exterior reflects our lives there.  While we resided there, I remember working A LOT.  Working physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.  We had a lot of conflict in that house.  Our lives were hard.  It seems we struggled for every bit of happiness we experienced.  In the end, I'm grateful for the lessons I learned in my eighteen years on Matterhorn Drive.  But truthfully, I'll work for the rest of my life to try and protect my children from many of the "lessons" I learned.  I want more for them.



As I drove home on I-4, this was the view I enjoyed.  (One of the things I love about living in Florida is how you can see for miles and miles, interrupted only by lush, green trees.)  This sky and my time with the dearest of friends was a reminder of the many blessings our Father in Heaven grants unto us.  I've been reminded of how good my life is now.  Heavenly Father is blessing our little family in more ways than I have words to describe.  My heart is overflowing with gratitude!

1 comment:

My Name is JACY said...

Found you through another blog... :) Had to say that I absolutely ADORE the bowties your gentleman and little dude's have going one! Oh my! DARLING! My manfriend wears them too... and I love, love, love them!

beautiful family :)