Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Addy!



Today is Addy's 7th Birthday. We started with a breakfast of donuts, watermelon, grapes, juice and chocolate milk. Addy enjoyed cupcakes with her class at school. Tonight Addy choose 4Rivers for her birthday dinner and requested we visit the Methodist Pumpkin Patch we've visited for the last two of her birthdays. Then we came home and opened gifts. I'm so thankful for the wonderful memories we created as a family today!

When we found out our first child was a girl, I was a little...petrified. I'm not close with my own mother or mother-in-law. Having a daughter worried me. But the Lord knew me better than I knew myself. He knew how much Deland and I needed and would love Addy. She is smart, loving, kind, thoughtful, creative, friendly, confident, funny, and loves her family. We asst blessed to have get in our quirky little family!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

P.S. In honor of Addy's birthday, this week we've been reading the "Happy Birthday, Addy" book from the American Girl Collection. (The series Addy was named after.) It's been so fun!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: