
Yo, let's be honest - today was a rough one. Georgia has her first sore throat and last night she kept coughing, waking up and crying...but she was only half awake. I was worried she couldn't breathe, so I didn't sleep much either.
I got half way to Carole Chevrier's (who babysat Ollie and Georgia while I was at the chiropractor) and I realized I'd forgotten to shut the garage door. I came home and saw I HAD closed it. Sooooooo, then I left again.
I left my debt card at Duncan Donuts but couldn't remember where I had misplaced it until the end of the day. Because I didn't have the RIGHT debt card I accidentally used the WRONG debt card to pay for my chiropractic visit which put the balance of that account in the negative.
The kids were pretty good at the grocery store because I bribed them with donut holes. (Gotta give credit where credit is due. They were good helpers.) Someday, they'll he helpful without a bribe...right? (Please say "yes.")
We came home, and I kept the two youngest in the car in the open garage (attached to the kitchen) while I unloaded the groceries and I sent the two biggest in the house to find their library book that are due TODAY. Joseph couldn't find his two books. I couldn't find his books either. I was so angry because I felt embarrassed. I just paid $80 in book fines to the library and here we are losing more books!
A got home, and the big kids wouldn't stop arguing. Poor Georgia hates the car and was in it much of the day PLUS she was exhausted from last night. Therefor, she cried most of the day. Oliver only got one (out of two) naps and was cranky. Plus he gagged himself today and threw up in his car seat.
The silver lining? A few of the YW from or ward came and folded our laundry for part of a Service Scavenger hunt. It was awesome!
Why am I documenting all of this? Well, I think it's important to see there is some good among the bad. (The grocery store and YW coming to our home are the "good" in today.) Also, I try to be a positive person and focus on wonderful things that happen. I find what I focus upon, I receive more of. Gratitude begets gratitude. But is also healthy to acknowledge that we all have "bad" days. Sometimes life throws us curve balls. Then we get up and start anew the next day.
"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet." Mirella Cuthbert, Anne of Green Gables
posted from Bloggeroid
No comments:
Post a Comment