
I don't really believe in New Years resolutions. I never have. Something about 'resolutions' rub me the wrong way. Maybe because people usually don't sick with them? I don't know.
I do believe in regularly (as often as necessary) doing a self-evaluation to see what can be improved upon. Then setting forth a plan to accomplish a goal. Maybe it's the same thing, but I believe in doing this evaluations more than once a year. ;-)
That being said, for the past two years I have chosen one single word that represents what I want to accomplish in that year. (I got the idea from a blog entry I came across.) The first year, I choose the word SIMPLIFY. When the second new year came around I still felt like I needed to simplify a lot more, so I kept that for 'my' word. Aaaaaaaand I have to give myself props! I've spent two years simplifying my life by removing people, things and situations which are toxic and do not serve to build and uplift me. I'll continue to simplify my life regularly, but today I felt strongly what my new word should be.
ABUNDANCE.
Now, when I think of abundance I think of it this way:
We've been in business for ourselves for over 7.5 years. We've learned a lot in our years attending "The School of Hard Knocks." The Lord really blessed us in 2013. But in 2014 all our experience will begin to pay off. We are praying (and fasting on most Sundays) that our business will double the income each month from the year before. We plan/pray to do that for the next 5 years. Essentially, this year our "can'ts" of the past are becoming "cans." The things we used to only dream about are becoming a reality. It's a beautiful thing to witness and experience.
Personally, this is how I'm going to experience abundance:
I'm telling ya, 'abundance,' is the right word for this year. Abundance is what we've been working for. Abundance is what we are praying for. Abundance is what will come. I can feel it!
posted from Bloggeroid


No comments:
Post a Comment