Thursday, January 30, 2014

Any Dream Will Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvHeRav3I_4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last night I introduced our kids to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. (The entire movie is on YouTube!) They LOVED it! (Which made me so happy!)

Tonight after homework was done, we turned the movie on again. It had just started when Deland got home from work. That's when I found out he had memorized the entire soundtrack on his mission to Kentucky, but he'd never seen the play/movie! He seemed to enjoy watching it. :-)

When the song "Any Dream Will Do" came on Deland and I talked about how it makes us emotional. We feel so blessed to be living and pursuing our dreams! So many people don't take the chance to chase after what they want. It's scary (and painful) at times, but I love that Deland and I push ourselves to be and do more. Our lives are better for it. We have our sights set pretty high this year (and for the next five years) and it's humbling to see the things we are praying/working for unfold before our eyes. I hope our children will learn to dream big and work hard/smart to achieve the desires of their heart. If they do that and stay close to the gospel, I'll count myself a successful Mommy. :-)

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: