Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Before" Photo



Georgia was born at the end of August. Back in October I weighed 216 lbs. I started eating better and losing weight and by the end of October I weighed 208 lbs. But then in November we went to Utah. Then it was Thanksgiving. Then Christmas. Then New Years. I didn't gain weight but there were several weeks in there when I was trying to eat better and I STILL didn't loose weight. I couldn't get below 208 lbs. I was getting discouraged. So I started praying for hope and motivation.

Three weeks ago I got a stomach bug and my weight dropped to 207 lbs! I thought, "Awesome! Let's eat healthy tomorrow and see if I can loose more weight!" Aaaaaaaand I DID! Last week I started the Paleo Diet. I've been doing pretty well at eating healthy & following the plan. Today I weighed in at 202.4 lbs! (Woot woot!)

I'm following several people on Instagram who have had significant weight loss. (Over 100 lbs or more!) They are showing me how possible it really is for me to earn the body I've always wanted.

I feel confident in showing my "before" photos because I know I'm leaving this version of my body behind.

In a way, I'm proud of the body I currently have. I gained this weight by carrying my fifth baby. (One waits for us in heaven + four here.) Being pregnant is a privilege many do not get. I'm thankful I have had that opportunity. But I also know my physical body can be better. Healthier. No life is perfect, but my life is good. I am happy. The happiest I've ever been, actually. But my physical condition needs improvement. I want it for me. I want it for my family. So here's to my "before" photo. May this be the last time I am a member of the "200 Club!" :-D

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: