Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stay in your lane and tend your own monkeys!



Sometimes, I get so worried about people I care about, their choices and the consequences of those choices that I loose my perceptive and become far to opinionated about what they do. I become emotionally invested in them and most of the time, they never even invited me in! (How embarrassing! Seriously.) It distracts from the things I want to work on in my own life. It prevents me from being my best self. I don't want that for me. I don't want that for my family. We deserve the best! We deserve freedom to be happy and free!

It comes from a good place of wanting the best for them, but then morphs into something unhealthy and unbecoming. That behavior doesn't help them and it weighs me down. Its lame. Its requires too much energy with no positive results. I have lost all desire to continue that behavior. I want something more positive and uplifting for me and my family.

I'm a work in progress. I always will be. So I'm changing. Again. Still? Still. I'm changing still.

"Stay in your lane" and "Not my circus, not my monkeys" are two of my current mantras. So far, they really are helping keep me on track!

So, here's to a less complicated, more inspiring life. Free of clutter from others and living my own truth!

Also, HERE is a great blog entry on the same topic. Is beautifully written!


No comments: