Ok, so I'm counting! I am at the stage where I just don't want to be pregnant anymore. I am really thankful that this pregnancy has gone well, that our little Joseph is healthy and growing more and more every day, but I am ready for this stage to be done. My tail bone is so sore, my right sciatic nerve is hriting like crazy, not to mention my lower back feels like it could break at times. Did I mention that my right leg falls asleep when I sleep on that side of my body? Well, it does. All of that is compacted by the fact that my body is just tired. Not sleepy...maybe worn out is a better term.
And if all of that was not bad enough, people - all women who have had babies themselves so you might expect more sensitivity - keep making...um, less than constructive comments about how "big" I'm getting. On Sunday, a woman from the other ward said, "Wow! You are really getting FAT!" Thankfully, Erica Montalvo and Olivia Couture were there to kindly put that woman in her place! When I was still 10 weeks away from my due date another woman at church - from that other ward - said, "Gosh, you are a lot bigger this time than you were the last pregnancy!" WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if I thought that about someone, I would never say something to them. It is just rude. Not to mention, I have gained a lot less this pregnancy than I did with Addy. I was feeling pretty good about that, but it is hard to keep feeling positive with such negative people making comments. I carried Addy more "wide" (if that makes sense) and I am carrying Joseph straight out front.
I just hope I will be sensitive to other women during their pregnancies. It is a hard enough time in a lot of ways. We don't need "comments from the peanut gallery," by those who are trackless. I don't mind people asking questions about how big the Doctor says the BABY will be, because the focus is on the baby! But no matter what the reason, no person likes to be called FAT...no one.
I have a theory. The last few weeks of pregnancy are so awful that a pregnant woman will be ready - and completely willing - to go though ANYTHING to get that beautiful baby OUT. I remember having a discussion with Deland shortly after Addy was born. He was telling me how proud he was of me for going through labor. He said that while I was pushing he felt helpless to do anything for me, and at the same time amazed by the determination he could see on my face. Deland asked me what I was thinking while I was pushing. Even now, I can remember my thoughts; "This baby has got to get out! I can't be pregnant anymore!!!!!!!!"
And if all of that was not bad enough, people - all women who have had babies themselves so you might expect more sensitivity - keep making...um, less than constructive comments about how "big" I'm getting. On Sunday, a woman from the other ward said, "Wow! You are really getting FAT!" Thankfully, Erica Montalvo and Olivia Couture were there to kindly put that woman in her place! When I was still 10 weeks away from my due date another woman at church - from that other ward - said, "Gosh, you are a lot bigger this time than you were the last pregnancy!" WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if I thought that about someone, I would never say something to them. It is just rude. Not to mention, I have gained a lot less this pregnancy than I did with Addy. I was feeling pretty good about that, but it is hard to keep feeling positive with such negative people making comments. I carried Addy more "wide" (if that makes sense) and I am carrying Joseph straight out front.
I just hope I will be sensitive to other women during their pregnancies. It is a hard enough time in a lot of ways. We don't need "comments from the peanut gallery," by those who are trackless. I don't mind people asking questions about how big the Doctor says the BABY will be, because the focus is on the baby! But no matter what the reason, no person likes to be called FAT...no one.
I have a theory. The last few weeks of pregnancy are so awful that a pregnant woman will be ready - and completely willing - to go though ANYTHING to get that beautiful baby OUT. I remember having a discussion with Deland shortly after Addy was born. He was telling me how proud he was of me for going through labor. He said that while I was pushing he felt helpless to do anything for me, and at the same time amazed by the determination he could see on my face. Deland asked me what I was thinking while I was pushing. Even now, I can remember my thoughts; "This baby has got to get out! I can't be pregnant anymore!!!!!!!!"
So yes, I am counting down the days until Joseph is born. I want this part of the whole wonderful, unique, beautiful, pregnancy to be done. And yes, I do realize it means going through labor, slow healing from labor, late night and early morning feedings. Not to mention, I am going to have to figure out how to take care of two babies while my husband is working 12-hour days, while also serving as Young Women's President. Even with all of that I am ready to move on to the next stage. After the baby is born, I'm sure you'll see another blog entry about my post pregnancy frustrations. Wish me luck. I'll see you then!
4 comments:
Well I for one think you look just plain gorgeous! I'm amazed (and jealous) how healthy and glowing you look no matter when I see you, make-up or not.
My skin has been dry and just plain icky since about 6 weeks and lets not even talk about my weird hair! But I digress...
Hold your head up high. You're doing great and looking great - ignore those tactless one's - they're probably kicking themselves for what they said anyway.
I hadn't thought of the fact that they might feel silly about their comments. I just assumed they didn't see anything wrong with what they said. Good point. Thanks for your kind words!
granted, i haven't seen you in a couple of weeks, but i'm certain you don't look fat... you simply look pregnant... and with good reason. can't wait to meet tiny joseph.
I am sorry you are so uncomfortable! I hope the next couple weeks go quickly for you. I read your earlier posts about Deland selling the cars. How exciting to be doing so well so soon! Good luck. We'll be praying for you....
Post a Comment