Monday, July 28, 2008

Induce labor?

I had an appointment last Thursday with Dr. Felski. I asked him how much he thought Joseph will weigh. He said it looks like he could be around 8 lbs. 6 oz. I told him how DONE I am with being pregnant. Because Joseph will be a healthy size, he said we could induce labor early if I wanted. To which I replied, "OK!!!!" We set an appointment for Monday, August 18th at 1AM.

After I left the office I realized that the 18th is the first day of school in our area. Which means that is a terrible day for anyone to take care of Addy while I am in labor. I know I wouldn't want to take care of someone else's kid on that day. (It can be so hectic!) So, today I called Dr. Felski's office and canceled my induction appointment. It is not like I NEED to have Joseph on a certain day. I can wait. Plus, it was only 3 days early, which does not make a big difference in the long run. I am to the point where I have a Doctors appointment every week, so I will chat with Dr. Felski this Thursday about my options. I know he won't let me go more than a week over my due date. However, last time I ended up going into labor on the morning I was scheduled to be induced anyway. So, we are back to the waiting game for now. We'll have to see what happens!!!

4 comments:

Puddin Pie kiss the boys and made them cry! said...

Watch, you will now go into labor on the morning of the 18th. LOL!

Alecia said...

I guess Gary doesn't need to babysit then... unless you just want a day off. We'll do that too!

Kassie said...

Joseph would like you to wait until October 31. lol Just kidding. We are thrilled and excited for you both and cannot wait to meet little Joseph! By the way this is Kassie Stevenson! lol

Amy G. said...

Cross those legs until after the 16th! LOL!