Yes, you are reading right. Our little Joseph was admitted to Florida Hospital South yesterday. There are lots of little details, but because my time is limited I will give you the basics. Yesterday he had a fever of 103, he was sleeping constantly, not eating, not crying, his stool is lime green, and he was very pale. The Doctor thinks he has ruled out Meningitis, but I don't think they are 100% positive. They did a spinal tap and the liquid that was drawn was clear...which is a good sign. The latest we have heard is that they are leaning toward it being bacteria in his blood. If that is true then Joseph may be in the hospital for 2 to 3 weeks. However, this theory has also not been settled upon. Basically, we don't have any certain answers at this point. Actually, I feel like I have more questions than answers. The problem is articulating my questions. I don't really know where to start. We are simply praying and hoping for the best possible situation. I don't want to sound "dooms day-ish." We have hope for a positive outcome. However, we appreciate all of your prayers at this time. We love and appreciate all of you!!!
7 comments:
Oh my goodness. You are in our prayers. Keep us posted when you can. Call me if you need to talk. I can identify a little with what you are feeling right now. XOX
I'm sorry to hear this. It's always scary when you can't figure out what is wrong. I will definitely keep you and Joseph in my prayers. Keep us posted on his progress.
I'm sorry you are having to go through this. We will be praying for his comfort and speedy recovery. I hope they can provide you with answers soon!
We are keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if there is anything we can do. I know it must be scary :(
You will be in our prayers...Please, keep us posted on his progress...
You're in our prayers too!
You and your little ones are all in our prayers. Have you and the baby had priesthood blessings?? We love you!
Post a Comment