Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Human Napkin



Last night we hit an all new low. We had the missionaries over with a family who are investigating the church. Our "dining room" is taken by my husbands office so we usually eat oriental style around the coffee table. Well, in the middle of dinner Addy gets up, walks over to Pamela (our 14 year old guest - in the black shirt) and wipes her mouth on the girls jacket! Eeewwwwwwww! When I gasped, Addy looked over at me like, "What is your problem?" I was so embarrassed. Pamela was wonderful though. She didn't even flinch. She just smiled and said, "Thats ok!" So I did what any self respecting mom would do; I asked Pamela to babysit this weekend. I mean really. This girl isn't totally grosed out by my kid? I NEED her to babysit. And after the lowest point of being a human napkin I figure our relationship with Pamela and her family can only go up from here. (I hope.)

P.S. This family is one of the coolest families we have meet in a long time. I really think they will get baptized...and stay active. They are so sweet.

8 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Hahaha!
Oh man, I need one of those! A babysitter who doesn't get grossed out. (sigh) I will continue to dream.... after I go clean up the big mess that just occurred...

Elisabeth said...

Who took the picture? Addy? :)

Alecia said...

It could have been worse, it could have been Deland ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Great idea to ask her to babysit!

Amy G. said...

LOL! I was just about to ask the same question.. Is Addy taking this picture? Or was she in time out?

Puddin Pie kiss the boys and made them cry! said...

Who read Come on People?

Moghimi Family said...

Ok, I laughed so hard when Beth asked, "Who took the picture? Addy?" Just the thought of Addy taking a picture... I mean she takes any object and treats it like a camera. Actually working a REAL camera is completely beyond her at this point. Anyway, that was funny.

Ok, Addy was in bed. We used the automatic timer on my camera for the picture.

Actually, both girls came to babysit because my sister Rebecca couldn't find a babysitter so we 'shared' them, and both families paid. It worked out great!

Mama Smith said...

This family sounds so DOWN-TO-EARTH kind of people...They will thrive in the gospel!!!!...When a 14 year old..can enjoy the "innocense" of a child...what a GREAT ASSET she will be to the Young Women in your ward...ANY WARD for that matter...(smile)