For the past three weeks we haven't used our money alicated for entertainment or eating out. This past Saturday, March 28th we decided to blow it all and enjoy a much needed "Family Day." Honestly, it was the best day I have had in a LONG time. We really enjoyed ourselves. We left the house not really knowing what we would do, but wanting to do something fun, and try stuff we hadn't done before. Earlier in the day Deland had seen a sign for Pony Rides near the chapel where we attend church. So we headed that way.
This was Addys frist time near a real horse, let alone ride one! Addy was like an 'old pro.' She just walked up to the horse and let me put her on it's back. She didn't shy away at all. I was surprised and impressed. I was prepared for her to cry or something. She was just excited.
As soon as Addy got on Teddy Bear she grabbed onto the horn of the saddle, and held tight. She didn't talk much during her ride. She just seemed to take it all in. She wore a big smile the whole time. 


Again, I was surprised that Addy didn't freak out about feeding the horse. In fact, she LOVED it. She was disapointed when we ran out of apples and carrots. She would have stayed there all day if we let her. I was so proud. 
Of course, we can't leave our cute Joseph out! He was there too. (I love how well his red hair shows up in this picture.) We didn't attempt a horse ride, but the owner of the horses brought the horse named Strawberry over to see Joseph.
Joseph didn't flinch when he saw the horse. He just watched and smiled at Strawberry. I was impressed with him too! I love my kids!!!!! After we rode horses we decided to drive down to "I-Drive" ("International Drive") to find a restaurant we had never eaten at before. I-Drive is about 45-minutes from our house, so you may be wondering why we drove so far just to eat. Well, we always feel so silly for not taking advantage of where we live. I mean, people from all over the world save up for years to come to our area for vacation, and we NEVER do any of the fun things there is to do!
We decided to park and walk around "Point Orlando." (It's like an outdoor Mall.) We found a restaurant called "Redrock Canyon Grill." and decided to eat there. It was so yummy! We had the Delmarva Crab Dip for our appetizer. For our entree, Addy had Spicy Meatloaf, Deland ordered Crab Imperial Topped Tilapia, and I ordered the Grilled Chicken and Avocado Club Sandwich. We all enjoyed our meals. For dessert we shared Something Chocolate, (a monster vanilla ice cream sandwich, cinnamon chocolate brownie, dark chocolate walnut fudge, on warm caramel sauce). Yah...it was totally delicious!!! See the above picture for proof of the large dessert!)
After our dinner, we found a little area with a fountain that is meant for playing! We thought about stripping Addy down so she could really get wet, but we didn't have a blanket or anything to wrap her in so we decided against it. Maybe another time. But we did let her get a little wet. 
As we were leaving the fountain area, we saw this cute little puppy with his owners. Addy just couldn't get enough of this creature! (He was just the right size for a two year old.) Addy really seems to love animals!
Joseph was exhausetd and fell asleep on the way home. We didn't get many pictures of Daddy, so I watned to make sure he was in a few. Aren't my guys handsome? 
I am really grateful for the memories we created on this day. I think we might save up our entertainment and eating out money more often and spend it all in one REALLY fun day. *Sigh* My heart feels so full and thankful for all Heavenly Father has given to our little family. We don't deserve any of it, but He continues to bestow it upon us anyway. Truly, I stand all amazed. I am grateful for all of my days on this earth, but I am particulerly thankful for last Saturday; the BEST day.



4 comments:
Thanks for sharing your wonderful day with us! After reading that I feel like going out to eat. I like your idea of having great outings as a family. I also liked an idea I got at Ken & Michelle's house to have an annual spiritual experience/trip. When our kids are older I would love to visit some of the church historical sites. But while our kids are young I would like to take them to the temple grounds and inside the lobby and talk about the importance of the temple and let them feel the spirit while on the grounds. There is so much that can be done to make memories with our family if I just stop and take the time to think about it. Thanks for getting me thinking about it again. I am looking forward to making general conference a good experience for our family this weekend.
Where did that great red hair come from? Looks like a lot of fun!
Beth, thanks for the idea of going to the Temple. I like it. And the cost is in our budget. (FREE!)
Lianne, we have red-heads throughout our family. We are Irish. My niece, Sydney has red hair the same color as Josephs. Also, my husband was born a red-head, but his hair is a dark brown/auburn now. I always wonder if any future children will have red hair. I guess I'll have to wait and see! =)
What a fun day! I liked what you said about not taking advantage of where you live. Morgan said he only went into Salt Lake a handful of times as a kid and he grew up 15 minutes away! I, shamefully, have never been south of Tampa and I've lived here most of my life. We're trying to rectify this situation. I'm recommitted now. :)
Post a Comment