Thursday, March 5, 2009

How do I love thee?

My sister Elisabeth posted this on her Facebook account. I really liked it. I have had a rough week with Addy being sick...all over the house and on most of my clothes. I have been frustrated with Deland because I feel he has not helped out enough. (He is doing his best to do better. Deland got up with Joseph last night and will again tonight. Plus I've asked him to take the kids on Saturday so I can get some sleep.) Anyway, this video just reminded me that even when we are frustrated with our spouse, it is important to view and love them as the Savior does. I hope you all enjoy the clip as I did.

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I don't know if you have seen Fireproof yet or not but that is really good. It has changed lives. You can rent it via Red Box or Netflix.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Thanks for you comments on my blog. I'm sorry that you guys have been sick too.
I know what you mean about being frustrated with your spouse though. I HATE when Luke tells me to do something and I think, "I'm over here shriveling in agony! Can't you do it!" I guess he does his best.
Oh well, such is the life of a mom right. =)

Moghimi Family said...

I agree with you Sara. My sister Rebecca and I realized we are not vocal enough with our husbands when we are sick. When men (in general) are sick, they turn into little babies who need pampering. Women (in general) seem to "grow a pair" and get stuff done. Now, I don't mean I have decided to lie about how sick I am. I mean, when I am too sick to do anything, I need to NOT DO ANYTHING. If I feel achy, I need to let my hubby know I am achy...many times if necessary. I need to ask him to do more things to help. If I don't, he will assume I am fine.

Men really are from Mars. Women really are from Venus. *sigh* But even all of this seems like work.

Moghimi Family said...

Oh and Beth, I have put that movie on our Netflix list. Thanks!