
This weekend I had the opportunity to attend Time Out for Women, hosted by Deseret Book. It was such a wonderful experience! It was like EFY...only for 24-hours instead of a week! On Friday night, March 20th, my sisters Michelle, Rebecca, Elisabeth and I met up at Michelle's house and rode to the Orlando Convention Center together. (Michelle's friend Erin also rode with us.) Our sister Amy couldn't meet us early, but met us at the conference. The night was so spititual and fun. Deseret Book featured music and "presentations" by Michael McLean and Hillary Weeks. We also enjoyed hearing from Chieko Okazaki (who we got to chat with one on one) and Mark Mabry. The events of Friday night ended at about 9pm. Amy had to go home, but the rest of my sisters and I went back to Michelles to spend the night. We enjoyed chocolate cake and stayed up until about 2am. (I didn't know I could physically still do that!)
Saturday started TOO early for my taste. We were up at 6am so we could get ready, make a sack lunch, and be leaving the house by 7:30am. The conference started at 9am. Saturday featured Emily Watts, Wendy Ulrich, Kris Belcher, Brent Top, and Hillary Weeks...again. (I couldn't get enough of Hillary so I was SUPER glad to see her on Saturday.) Again, it was such a fun and spiritual expereince. I told Deland, "We were laughing one minute, and crying the next. It was awesome!" (Of-course we were crying because we felt the Spirit so strong. It was a "good cry" most of the time.) My favorite speaker was Kris Blecher. And I think most - if not everyone - in attendance would agree with me. Talk about someone who has been through "the refiners fire!" Wow. I am so amazed and inspired by her. Her sense of humor is totally earned. I mean, after all she has been through...most would just lay on the floor and cry, but she has "kept it real."The whole conference was wonderful, but the best part of the weekend was spending time with my sisters. I love them so much!!!!!!!!! We all wished Amy could have stayed over on Friday night and attended on Saturday, and that Jenn could have come from Arkansas for the event, but it didn't work out that way. However, our annual Sisters Retreat is coming up, so we will enjoy their company at that time!!!
Again, I am so thankful for the opportunity to attend Time Out for Women. If you have one in your area, I STRONGLY advise you to attend. It was one of the best experiences I have had in a long while. After attending the conference, I feel rejuvenated and ready to come home and be a better wife/love goddess and mom. Plus, I feel more appreciation from my hubby who took care of the kiddos while I was gone. (Thanks honey!)
Yes, I was in TIME OUT all weekend. AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I hope to be in "time out" again next year too!
Again, I am so thankful for the opportunity to attend Time Out for Women. If you have one in your area, I STRONGLY advise you to attend. It was one of the best experiences I have had in a long while. After attending the conference, I feel rejuvenated and ready to come home and be a better wife/love goddess and mom. Plus, I feel more appreciation from my hubby who took care of the kiddos while I was gone. (Thanks honey!)
Yes, I was in TIME OUT all weekend. AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I hope to be in "time out" again next year too!

3 comments:
How fun! I love TOFW! I've been four times and each time is great. I just went the weekend of the 13th and 14th and had so much fun. I LOVE Hilary Weeks, she is just so great. Glad you had such a great time!
What a beautiful bunch of girls! :) Seeing your pics made me really miss Florida and all it's greeness. I'm glad you had a good time.
I'm so jealous, I went a few years ago and it was great. I always hear about it AFTER it happens so I miss out. Glad you guys had such a fun time. Sisters are the best!
Post a Comment