
With the housing in our area being a "buyers market" it is tempting to start looking for a home. But as a family who intends to rent until we are out of debt AND have a hefty down payment (or can pay in full) I am left to day-dream about the house I will have "one day." I have a few different styles I like, but these Fairy Tale Cottages make it into my top 3 favorite. (I'll write about my other favorites in the future.) These cottages are so adorable! Wouldn't you have wanted to grow-up in one of these houses? I know I would have. The biggest difference between the cottage I want, and these cottages is the size. I want a pretty large "cottage."

No matter what the style of my dream home, the one thing that is consistent about what I want is space. I want to live on a minimum of 3-5 acres. I want my kids to have room to play, explore, and build outdoor forts. So as you look at the cottages in Carmel, try to imagine them on a large plot of land, surrounded by wildlife. (Sigh.)

Anyway, I hope you have as much fun looking at these cute houses as I have. One day I'll have you over and we can enjoy some herb tea and fresh homemade bread at my own personal fairy tale cottage!
5 comments:
Ooohhh, I lOVE those!! Alas, Idaho is a little short of cute cottages.
We do have our eyes on an old house that sits on 10 acres though...
Love cottages!! Just wanted to pass on my lego info. I got the awesome mold from lego.com in their unique items shopping page. Its advertised as ice cube tray, but I used it for chocolate and jello as well! You are more than welcome to steal the idea, it was a fun #1 party!
Let me know when you get it...I'll so be there!
The cottages are dreamy! You know my idea of what kind of home I want someday keeps changing. But I have recently realized and decided that it is most important that my house is “homey” and not too fashionably up-to-date so to speak. I know that sounds strange, but what I have realized about myself is when I get wrapped up in worldly things my desire for more never ends. And let’s face it…shopping is fun! Its not that those things are bad if you know when what you have is enough. But I am not sure that I am that kind of person. I tend to just want more and look to the next thing I want fixed or improved. The idea of country décor has always made me cringe, but when I go to the cracker barrel store I feel so comfortable and satisfied. I just want to lay down and take a nap. I can imagine myself living in a tastefully “country” themed home (minus the cows, chickens and gingham). I want someplace that will feel like “home” for my children to come back to. The other thing I dream of having are beautiful paintings that invite the spirit into our home. I am not sure what kind of home or décor I will end up having, but most of all I just want to feel peace and contentment with what I have, not a desire to get more. The good thing is that is a frame of mind I can start practicing now!
Sara, how cool you have your eyes on 10 acres! That would be so fun to raise your kids there.
Jessie, thanks for the info on the "Block Party." I really do love the idea for Joseph 1st Birthday.
Shauna, you guys will have to come visit when we have a nice big "cottage" to house everyone. But you could come before we have a cottage. We have lots of floor space available! =)
Beth, my style has changed over the years too. I agree that homey is my new focus. I just want everyone who comes to my house to feel right at home. I don't want anything that is breakable. I want everything washable. I also don't like the idea of "country decor" in terms of stuffed bears and cows all over. But I do like the idea of classic country with simple decor. (That is another one of my "favorites" that I'll write about later.)
After watching too many decorating show on Hulu, I realize that to achieve the feeling I am really looking for I will need to hire an interior designer to help me. So on top of saving money for a house I'll also have to save money for a designer. Yah, this whole "dream house" thing is going to take a good 10 - 20 years to reach. Thats okay; good things come to those who wait!
Post a Comment