Maybe its because it is Spring. Maybe its because I need SOMETHING to kick-start me into getting on the treadmill. Maybe it's because I am spring cleaning my ENTIRE house and I need to do the same thing for myself. Maybe its all of those things combined. Regardless of the reason, I AM DYING TO CHANGE MY HAIR! But I am terrified that I will make a horrible mistake and do something dreadful. I have a hair appointment this Saturday (April 11th) at 1pm to have my hair done by the amazing Jenn Peacock. SO, I need YOUR help in deciding what to do!!!
COLOR:
So, this is the color I am gradually going toward. It will take some time to get this coverage, (because I am silly and tried to dye my own hair last November and totally messed it up.) But this is the goal. Any other suggestions? Ideas?
CUT:LONG - If I decide to keep my hair long, then I will have Jenn add more layers like Meg Ryan has in the below picture. This is a subtle change. My hair may look a little more full, but there would be very little change. (My hair is about this long right now.)

Medium - For a slightly more drastic change I like the cut below. It is still long enough for me to pull up into a pony tail on those days that there is no time for prettiness and only "practical-ness."

Short - Ok, so this is pretty drastic. I had this cut once. (See below for a picture my sister sent) I got a lot of complements on it. But I was thinner then. I am worried that I would not be able to pull it off these days becaue of the extra poundage. It would take less time to style this each day (than it does now anyway), but I would HAVE to style it each day. But it might not be SO bad to have to do my hair every day. (Days like today my hair stays up in a tight bun. I didn't shower YET today. What? Don't judge me. You know you've been there too.) *smile*



Just so you know, I am not totally obsissed with Meg Ryan. I mean, sure I like Sleepless in Seattle. What women doesn't? But I chose these cuts because Meg (yes we are on a first name basis) and I have similar hair texture. I figure if her hair can do it, so can mine. (Ofcourse, she has a professional stylist for all of these pictures, but whatever!)
So, let me know what you think. I really need your help for this one. Really, really. Also, if you have any other hair ideas let me know. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

13 comments:
You would look good in any of them, but I like the medium the best :)
Cool. Thanks Patti!
I love the color! I let mine grow out to my natural color and it was so dull looking I recently had hightlights put back in. Sooooo much better! You have the advantage of looking gorgeous no matter what. I like your hair light colored and medium cut. I just adore your curls! Love you babe! =)
Thanks for your impute Brenda! Yah, I was trying the "natural look" for a while, but it doesn't suit me. I'm a blond at heart even if I'm not at my roots. =) I don't know what your hair looked like at its "natural" color but I think you look great as a blond. Good call. Love you too!!!
I like the medium the most, the long is a close 2nd. I really can't imagine you with short hair. For what it's worth, I think you look great no matter what you do with your hair!
I never cut my hair but like once every 2 years so I tend to go drastic, the short is cute, or the medium. Its funny because I ALWAYS bring in a picture of Meg Ryan too and tell the hair dresser she probably hate people like me who come in wanitng to look like her!In fact I think I have even taken that same pic with med hair in before:) Anyways, curly hair is so tricky huh? I want a change too but am not sure what to do, be sure to post before and after pics!
I love the color you are going toward. In my mind that color is how I picture you. And I also prefer the medium cut, so I think I see a pattern here. That should make for an easy decision for you :) What does Deland like on you? What do you prefer on yourself? Have you gone through your pictures to see what you have looked like in the past to determine what you like best? I think I have a picture of you with the short hair-cut. I will email it to you.
i think your face is totally thin enough for the short haircut... but you know me with my hair.
what do i think you're going to do? medium.
Thanks to Elisabeth, I have pictures of me with short hair! I posted them on the main page.
I've always loved your hair and think it is beautiful, but if you're wanting a change, my vote is for the medium as well. Wow, I can't believe how similar your cut is to Meg's in that picture. Beautiful then, beautiful now, beautiful no matter what you choose! We miss you guys!
I say dreadlock it and call it a day.
Oh the haircut decision. It's so hard. I'll be honest and say that I have always thought your hair is gorgeous! It was one of the first things I noticed when I met you. I understand the need for change though, too. I would go for the medium, if you are really tired of it being long. I think Jen did a wonderful job on my haircut, but I do miss my long locks. If you want to see a pic of my hair (really long) I have a picture of me, Ethan, and my parents dog Sandy on facebook right now.
Hey there. As everyone else has already said, your hair and you are gorgeous. You can't really go wrong here. I don't think I ever saw you with the short hair, but when I saw your pictures I thought "wow, that is stunning!" So, I guess my vote is for the short. I like the way you styled your short hair better than the pic of Meg's hair short. That said, I like the option of being able to throw it up in a pony tail on those days when there just isn't time.....You're gorgeous no matter what you choose.
Post a Comment