
So, I joined the YMCA on Saturday, August 1st. I got a single membership. I thought I'd try it out and see if we could save the money it would cost to have a family membership. I went back on Wednesday, August 5th to register the whole family. I just couldn't get to the gym before the kids were awake! 6am FEELS way early to be somewhere besides my living room, you know? I knew if I was actually going to use this membership then the kids would have to come along.
That first day,(Aug. 5th)Deland was working from home. I put Joseph down for a nap and left him with Daddy. He slept the whole time. I took Addy along with me. I was not sure how she would react to the "child care." As I was filling out paper work she carefully watched the other kids playing. After a couple of minutes one of the child care workers asked Addy if she wanted to come and play. She readily accepted. I didn't tell her I was leaving to go workout. She was playing so happily I didn't want to ruin it. I don't think she noticed I was gone, though she did seem happy to see me when I came to get her. However, as we were walking out the main doors of the Y, Addy kept saying, "Mommy, I go back to the YMCA! Mommy! I go back to the YMCA!" I assured her we would return 'tomorrow.' And we did.
I swam 3 out of 7 days last week. Not great, but I'm proud of my 3 days. The days I didn't attend were mostly because of things being out of my control. Today was the first day that I COULD have gone...although I would have had to go at 5:30am to make it work. I stayed up too late last night, so that didn't happen. Tonight I am going to bed earlier. My goal is to be at the "Y" around 8:30am. (Child Care opens at 8am.) I actually dressed both of the kids in their clothes for tomorrow, before they went to bed tonight. I am hoping that if I can get dressed and ready to go BEFORE the kiddos are awake, then when they get up all I have to do is feed them and head out the door. I hope that strategy works. If it doesn't, then I'll figure something out.
I met 3 moms last week at the Y that are trying to stay fit. They all did their first triathlon this last Spring. (All three trained at the Y with a larger group of women.) They have mostly taken the summer off and are slowly getting back on track. I asked if I could be included in their training. However, they don't want to do another triathlon until next spring. And it sounds like thy just want to do one per year. I really want to do one earlier than that. Maybe in November. (Cross my fingers!) Then, I don't want to stop there. I want to keep going. I've been looking online for a group I could join of women who are beginner triathletes. I found one, but I need to follow up and get more information.
Nutritionally, I fell off the wagon a little this weekend. On Friday, Deland brought home 2, (yes TWO) half gallons of ice cream. I HAD to eat those! I'm not strong enough to resist yet. I did try though. He has promised not to do that again. Also, I hosted "First Friday," (girls night) at our house this weekend. Someone - who will go unnamed (Julie Bielefeldt) - left carrot cake here. I couldn't resist that ether. I should have thrown the ice cream and cake out before it became a temptation. But I couldn't do it. I THOUGHT I wanted to eat it. I'll toss it next time though. It's not worth eating. My body felt sluggish afterward.
So, that's where I am right now. I'm still putting one foot in front of the other. Taking things one day at a time. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself when things don't go the way I planed them. This is about forming new habits, and that takes time. Day by day, I'm learning to believe in what I'm becoming, and in who I am. It's a process, but with my Heavenly Father cheering me on, I know I can become my best self! Also, thanks to all of your for your support and encouraging words. It really helps me stay motivated! (Really, really.) Sooooo, here is to DOING MY BEST at any given moment!
(I know I can. I know I can. I know I can. I know I can....)
That first day,(Aug. 5th)Deland was working from home. I put Joseph down for a nap and left him with Daddy. He slept the whole time. I took Addy along with me. I was not sure how she would react to the "child care." As I was filling out paper work she carefully watched the other kids playing. After a couple of minutes one of the child care workers asked Addy if she wanted to come and play. She readily accepted. I didn't tell her I was leaving to go workout. She was playing so happily I didn't want to ruin it. I don't think she noticed I was gone, though she did seem happy to see me when I came to get her. However, as we were walking out the main doors of the Y, Addy kept saying, "Mommy, I go back to the YMCA! Mommy! I go back to the YMCA!" I assured her we would return 'tomorrow.' And we did.
I swam 3 out of 7 days last week. Not great, but I'm proud of my 3 days. The days I didn't attend were mostly because of things being out of my control. Today was the first day that I COULD have gone...although I would have had to go at 5:30am to make it work. I stayed up too late last night, so that didn't happen. Tonight I am going to bed earlier. My goal is to be at the "Y" around 8:30am. (Child Care opens at 8am.) I actually dressed both of the kids in their clothes for tomorrow, before they went to bed tonight. I am hoping that if I can get dressed and ready to go BEFORE the kiddos are awake, then when they get up all I have to do is feed them and head out the door. I hope that strategy works. If it doesn't, then I'll figure something out.
I met 3 moms last week at the Y that are trying to stay fit. They all did their first triathlon this last Spring. (All three trained at the Y with a larger group of women.) They have mostly taken the summer off and are slowly getting back on track. I asked if I could be included in their training. However, they don't want to do another triathlon until next spring. And it sounds like thy just want to do one per year. I really want to do one earlier than that. Maybe in November. (Cross my fingers!) Then, I don't want to stop there. I want to keep going. I've been looking online for a group I could join of women who are beginner triathletes. I found one, but I need to follow up and get more information.
Nutritionally, I fell off the wagon a little this weekend. On Friday, Deland brought home 2, (yes TWO) half gallons of ice cream. I HAD to eat those! I'm not strong enough to resist yet. I did try though. He has promised not to do that again. Also, I hosted "First Friday," (girls night) at our house this weekend. Someone - who will go unnamed (Julie Bielefeldt) - left carrot cake here. I couldn't resist that ether. I should have thrown the ice cream and cake out before it became a temptation. But I couldn't do it. I THOUGHT I wanted to eat it. I'll toss it next time though. It's not worth eating. My body felt sluggish afterward.
So, that's where I am right now. I'm still putting one foot in front of the other. Taking things one day at a time. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself when things don't go the way I planed them. This is about forming new habits, and that takes time. Day by day, I'm learning to believe in what I'm becoming, and in who I am. It's a process, but with my Heavenly Father cheering me on, I know I can become my best self! Also, thanks to all of your for your support and encouraging words. It really helps me stay motivated! (Really, really.) Sooooo, here is to DOING MY BEST at any given moment!
(I know I can. I know I can. I know I can. I know I can....)
1 comment:
You can do it Jo-Jo! I'm being very good about my diet. You are inspiring me to workout too. I am taking it slow because of the pregnancy, but I want to do as much as I can. That way I'll have an easier delivery and recovery. Keep us posted on your progress. It really helps me too. =)
Post a Comment