
I made some Japanese style Chicken Curry this week. (NOT pictured above.) I used to make curry a lot so I just threw what I had together. I think mine is the slightly heather version. Several people on Facebook asked me for the 'recipe.' The following is what I posted. I thought I would post it here too.
96 oz. low sodium chicken broth (two 48oz. containers)
1 1/2 Tbsp. of Curry Powder
1 1/2 Tbsp. of Ground Cumin
a few dashes of sea salt
3 or 4 bay leaves
6 or 7 red potatoes
4 large carrots
about 3 or 4 cups of brown rice
1/2 of a white onion
a few pieces of crystallized ginger
4 cups of boneless/skinless chicken breast
Get the first 5 ingredients boiling. I added the potatoes, carrots, and rice first because they need the longest to cook. (My chicken was already cooked.) Set the timer for 40 minutes. (That is how long it takes for the rice to cook.) Add the other ingredients as you go along. You could add more of something if you like stronger flavor. This makes a lot. This will come out a little thicker than most curry recipes because the rice is already added to the pot. I'm pretty sure that is it! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment