Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Girl vs. Authentic Girl

I LOVE the idea of this book. I'm going to get a copy for myself. I have been working - in my own life - on having my own needs met and not 'people pleasing' all the time. I want to me my own authentic self. I can't wait to see what the book has to say!!!

What do YOU think?

3 comments:

Amy G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisabeth said...

Let me know what you think about the book. Based on the Today Show clip I would have to disagree with one thing she said. I don't think we should tell our little girls what their weaknesses are. I think if our children notice something they are not good at, it might be nice to have a healthy discussion about how everyone is given different talents and how we can develop our talents. But I would never come out and say to my child, "You are weak in this aspect." But maybe I misunderstood what she was saying on the clip.