Thursday, December 2, 2010

Family Recipe Blog


I come from a large family. Two parents, 6 daughters. We are all married now and have families of our own. Thats 6 sons-in-law and 22 Grandchildren for my parents. Yeah, LARGE. Being the last to get married out of my sisters I learned to cook/bake from watching them. (MAN, can they cook!) As I started to cook for my own family I realized that it takes A LOT of creativity to be a "successful" home chef.


A few years ago {at our Annual Sisters Retreat - pictured above} we had the idea to share the recipes of the meals we made at the retreat with each other. My sister Rebecca dutifully typed and emailed the recipes out to each of us. That night, I remember thinking,

"We should just start a blog and swap recipes that way."

Of course I kept my lazy mouth shut. When we would have a family event and one sister would say to another,

"Can I have this recipe?"

I would feel just a little guilty I haden't started that blog yet. Well, a few months ago I got tired of feeling guilty for keeping this AWESOME idea to myself, and I started that blog! If you are interested in some wonderful, tried and true recipes check us out ! We don't have a ton of recipes yet, but it is growing little by little. So come join in all the deliciousness that is our family blog; WE LIKE TO EAT!

2 comments:

Rae said...

Jo, I started one this summer too and i love it!!!! it is so nice to have them all in one place anywhere you go. one thing i like, that even helps me find recipes is the labels feature, that way you can label each recipe and find it easily next time :) ie. baking, chicken, Favorites etc :) have fun collecting all those yummy recipes!
varadycupboard dot blogspot dot com

Moghimi Family said...

Yea! I'm glad you have one too! Send me the link. I'd love to check your stuff out!

I love the recipe blog too because I can assess it on my phone and look stuff up AT THE GROCERY STORE!