
I was totally stumped about how to teach THIS lesson.
(Photo Source)
SUGARDOODLE is usually my "GO TO" for church lesson ideas but this time, I just felt most of the ideas were so involved! (Making a Shoots and Ladders game board? Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist about things like that, but a board game is TOO much work for me.) I've decided to go with a combination of two activities.
1) I taught the following when I was a teacher in Relief Society last year. It came from THE READY RESOURCE FOR RELIEF SOCIETY;
PART 1, and was a BIG hit.
"Bring a plate of cookies and ask for volunteers to demonstrate different styles of eating: abstain, sample, taste, snack, gorge, nibble, eat and feast. Now compare those styles to how we study the scriptures, reminding the class that we should "feast upon the words of Christ. (2 Nephi 32:3)"
I'll have the TEACHERS DEMONSTRATE for Jr. Primary and the KIDS DEMONSTRATE for Sr. Primary.
2) My friend Tersa sent me THIS link. I love it! I'll alter it by drawing a dining table on the chalkboard in the Primary room, cutting out food items that belong at a feast and writing the following on the back of the picture:
*How often should we study our scriptures?
*Who can we study our scriptures with?
*What is your favorite story from the scriptures that has nourished your soul?
*How do you feel after you read your scriptures?
*Please read 2 Nephi 9:51
*Please read Jacob 3:2
When they are done, they will place the picture of their food on the "table." (I'm also going to have a backup of THIS or THIS for the Jr. Primary in case the above activity is a little much for them.)
I'm also thinking about doing something like THIS {only with cookies, because they are easier and cleaner} for the kids.
I WAS intimidated about this Sharing Time, but now I'm excited. (Thanks Tersa!)
(Photo Source)
SUGARDOODLE is usually my "GO TO" for church lesson ideas but this time, I just felt most of the ideas were so involved! (Making a Shoots and Ladders game board? Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist about things like that, but a board game is TOO much work for me.) I've decided to go with a combination of two activities.
1) I taught the following when I was a teacher in Relief Society last year. It came from THE READY RESOURCE FOR RELIEF SOCIETY;
PART 1, and was a BIG hit.
"Bring a plate of cookies and ask for volunteers to demonstrate different styles of eating: abstain, sample, taste, snack, gorge, nibble, eat and feast. Now compare those styles to how we study the scriptures, reminding the class that we should "feast upon the words of Christ. (2 Nephi 32:3)"
I'll have the TEACHERS DEMONSTRATE for Jr. Primary and the KIDS DEMONSTRATE for Sr. Primary.
2) My friend Tersa sent me THIS link. I love it! I'll alter it by drawing a dining table on the chalkboard in the Primary room, cutting out food items that belong at a feast and writing the following on the back of the picture:
*How often should we study our scriptures?
*Who can we study our scriptures with?
*What is your favorite story from the scriptures that has nourished your soul?
*How do you feel after you read your scriptures?
*Please read 2 Nephi 9:51
*Please read Jacob 3:2
When they are done, they will place the picture of their food on the "table." (I'm also going to have a backup of THIS or THIS for the Jr. Primary in case the above activity is a little much for them.)
I'm also thinking about doing something like THIS {only with cookies, because they are easier and cleaner} for the kids.
I WAS intimidated about this Sharing Time, but now I'm excited. (Thanks Tersa!)
No comments:
Post a Comment