Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My first day of maintenance


Today is my first day of Phase 3 (maintenance) on the HCG plan. For the last 6 weeks I've been taking HCG drops while eating a vary low calorie diet with a limited menu of foods to choose from. As of this morning I've lost 29.2 pounds. My goal was to loose 30-40 pounds, so I'm calling it quits today. (They say I should loose a little more weight over the next day or two.)

For the first three days of Phase 3, you keep eating the very low calorie diet but stop taking the HCG drops. For the rest of phase 3 you begin to add food - that you have been abstaining from - back into your diet. (I'm starting this phase a week before Thanksgiving so I can actually eat "holiday food" on the holiday.) In phase 3, simply incorporate two or three "new" foods into your diet each day and watch how your body reacts to it. If - when you weigh yourself the next day - you've gained a lot of weight, then you know you should avoid the f
ood you added yesterday. However, I continue to avoid sugars and starches until the 4th week of maintenance. In about 6 weeks, (the beginning of January) I'll start phase 2 again and begin to loose weight again. (Yea! I can't wait!!!)

I'm very proud of myself and the progress I've made. I lost 29.2 pounds (and reached my pre-pragnancy weight) in 37 days. Thats .78 pounds per day!!! Although I'm on maintenance and not actively loosing weight I'll still continue to use my "100 Days of Weight Loss," book. I know it will help me from gaining weight during my maintenance phase and all that I learn will help me as I start phase 2 again in January. So, here's to a wonderful holiday season filled with healthy food and proper portions! :o)


Photo Source

No comments: