Monday, November 14, 2011

100 Days of Weight Loss: Day 2


"Interested or Committed?"
Book: "100 Days of Weight Loss; The Secret to Being Successful On Any Diet Plan," by Linda Spangle. (For the full text of the book - not just the assignments - please find your own copy. The information is excellent.)

Assignment #1: Decide that you will always be committed to your weight-loss plan, not just interested. (check!)

Assignment #2: In your notebook, describe how you will stick with your program, no matter what.

  • When I make my daughter lunch for school, I also pack my own food for the day. This way I don't get too hungry and I'm not tempted to "cheat." I carry that insulated lunch bag wherever I go!
  • I pack a lunch for my 3-year-old son as well so we don't stop for fast food and tempt me to eat it. (Though my family has gotten fast food and I ate what I had in my lunch bag.)
  • When I go to a party, on a date with my husband, to a church activity, or out with friends/sisters, I take my lunch box with food with me.
  • When I feel tempted to cheat, I think about the food I want to eat and what its done to my body in the past. (Made me fat.) I remind myself of what my goal it and how good it will feel to reach that goal. (130-140 and feeling good!) I even imagine how good it will feel to reach my goal weight. The image in my head keeps me on track.
  • I don't cheat. Not even once. (I'm only cheating on myself after all.) Every time I give in, it gets harder to resist the next time! If I just stay strong from the beginning then I don't have to worry.
  • I drink 144 oz. of water per day. It's more than is recommended but I also feel like it makes me feel full. Also, herb tea, and lemons, oranges, or strawberried in water make drinking that much water easier to handle.
  • Follow my diet (The HCG Diet) to the letter of the law. If I'm going to do it, then I may as well do it right. Lets not re-create the wheel, shall we?

Assignment #3: Do at least one thing today that demonstrates you are truly committed. For example, take a walk or eat your vegetables - no matter what.

  • Today, I have done all of the things listed above. (And for the last 5 weeks, I might add.)


Current weight loss: 26.4

Weight left to loose: 53.6



Photo Source