Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sick Day: Negative vs. Positive



*Addy threw up last night.
*I woke up feeling "foggy" and a little "off."
*Today was the first day of school after Winter/Christmas Break.
*Secretly, I wished Joseph would be sick too so I didn't have to take take and pick up just one kid from school. :-) Also, I was afraid he'd be sick at school and I'd have to turn around and pick him up early. (He's fine though, thank goodness.)
*We nearly ran out of gas in the car line at school. I was sweating it!
*Took Addy, Oliver and Georgia to the store.
*Got to the check-out and realized my wallet was in the van.
*Walked out to the van with the kids...then walked back in and realized I didn't get toilet paper yet. (We had half a roll left at home.)
*Picked out toilet paper and paid for the groceries.
*Arrived home to discover Deland had accidentally thrown out our pre-lit Christmas tree. (I've been laughing about this one all day!)
*I admit to myself I am actually sick. I'm trying to fight off the need to throw up.
*Wash dishes.
*I put Georgia down for a nap. Then Oliver. Tuck Addy in for quiet time. And just as I'm crawling into bed for a nap...Georgia starts screaming. I'm pretty sure she is teething!
*She is awake for 1.5 hours before I'm so exhausted and sick, I just put her in the swing. Finally, she falls asleep.
*I lay on the couch for an hour and sleep while Addy watched a movie.
*Addy gets Oliver out of bed after his nap.
*I'm sound asleep and think "What time is it?!!!" It was 3:06 pm. Time to get Joseph! Holy cow!
*I get the kids in the car ASAP.
*Joseph is one of the last kids picked up. :-(
*I lay on the couch as much as possible the rest of the day.
*Mac-n-Cheese for dinner.
*Deland home at 7:45 pm. Just in time to get the kids in bed.
*No mutual for me tonight.

Here are the blessings of today:
*We came close, but we DIDN'T run out of gas.
*My wallet was in the car. It would be worse if it was at home.
*I'm glad I remembered the toilet paper while I was at the store!
*I've been wanting a white pre-lit Christmas tree. Now I'll get one!
*We were late, but I remembered to pick up Joseph JUST IN TIME!
*Deland didn't work till midnight tonight like he did last night.

It was a rough day. But there is goodness in it too. I'm thankful!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: