Saturday, February 1, 2014

Gone dresser gone.



This is embarrassing. But honest. :-) We bought that dresser at a garage sale. It wasn't until after we got it home that I realized it had water damage and drooped in the middle. (Grrrrrr!) I painted it hoping I could "make it work." Not so much. And to add insult to injury? After the painting project, we put all the paint away THEN realized we had forgotten to paint one drawer. That was a year ago. (I told you this was embarrassing!)

A few weeks ago I realized 95% of the things on or in that dresser were useless or needed to be taken to Goodwill. So today we threw out the dresser, threw away the "garbage" and made a bag for Goodwill. De-junking/organizing is not my strong suit so it was difficult for me. But oh man, it's worth it!

I felt so inspired by throwing the dresser (and most of it's contents) out, I actually ended up rearranging our room while Deland was at a Leadership Training with Elder Perry! :-D Maybe I'll post "reveal" photos tomorrow. :-)

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

As always, you are an inspiration to me!