So, I've been feeling really down lately. And lonely. And invisible. To everyone. It's a terrible feeling. (I'm sure it has to do with hormones.) Anyhoo, because I'm analytical I tried to figure out WHY in I'm feeling this way and what could help me change it around. Today Deland asked me to help him understand what he can do to help me feel better. Tonight, I gave him my answer. He sent me this email in response. :-) It made me cry! Beautifully written.
"Tonight you told me that you appreciate that I tell you that "I love you". You then asked me to tell you something specific you do that shows you that.
I am happy to. Here is only one...for now:
You are a good listener.
Whenever I have issues and problems that arise in my little world that revolves around me. You are quick to listen and re-assure me.
If there is one thing that I have learned about you is that I need to listen to you more. I respect your opinion as my wife but also as a really smart human being. I feel smarter and better when I am around you. I feel that I won't make as many mistakes and I know you will always be there for me no matter what. It's nice to know someone has my back. (I'm trying to work on showing you the way you interpret that I have yours)
Everyone needs someone to talk to. To share their deep and darkest fears, their successes, their failures, insecurities, curiosity and passion with.
You are my Anchor. You're my Pillar of statuesque beauty of EQ (Emotional Quotient) and SQ (Social Quotient).
The truth is, I am in awe of you with more ways than one. I feel the best thing I ever did was marry you. I'm sorry I don't express myself the way that would most help you understand my heart. Thank you for not giving up on me and teaching me how to love.
My reason today is you are a good listener. So that is one way "I love you!"
Eternally Yours,
Deland"
"Tonight you told me that you appreciate that I tell you that "I love you". You then asked me to tell you something specific you do that shows you that.
I am happy to. Here is only one...for now:
You are a good listener.
Whenever I have issues and problems that arise in my little world that revolves around me. You are quick to listen and re-assure me.
If there is one thing that I have learned about you is that I need to listen to you more. I respect your opinion as my wife but also as a really smart human being. I feel smarter and better when I am around you. I feel that I won't make as many mistakes and I know you will always be there for me no matter what. It's nice to know someone has my back. (I'm trying to work on showing you the way you interpret that I have yours)
Everyone needs someone to talk to. To share their deep and darkest fears, their successes, their failures, insecurities, curiosity and passion with.
You are my Anchor. You're my Pillar of statuesque beauty of EQ (Emotional Quotient) and SQ (Social Quotient).
The truth is, I am in awe of you with more ways than one. I feel the best thing I ever did was marry you. I'm sorry I don't express myself the way that would most help you understand my heart. Thank you for not giving up on me and teaching me how to love.
My reason today is you are a good listener. So that is one way "I love you!"
Eternally Yours,
Deland"
posted from Bloggeroid
1 comment:
How sweet. You got a good one. And I agree! You are a great listener. I'm glad you're my friend and I love you!
Post a Comment