Monday, August 11, 2014

The First Day of School - 2014 Edition



Yep, it's that time again!

We had a seriously awesome summer with swim lessons, daily YMCA fun, weekly swimming, cookouts, playing in the sprinkler on the trampoline, a trip to Disney and lots of fun in between. It was our best summer yet, but the kids and I have been ready for school to start for about two weeks. It's time for more structure and we are ready.

Addy and Joseph came bounding out of their rooms this morning with smiles on their faces. Deland went into work a little late and joined us for a breakfast of fresh cinnamon rolls and milk. (Mmmmmmmm!) Addy and Joseph were giddy as we drove to school listening to the Black Eyed Peas sing "I got a feeling, it's gonna be a good, good [day]!"

After the big kids got out of the van at school, I said to Oliver, "It's just you, me and Georgia for a while. What do your think about that?" He said enthusiastically, "Awesome!"

So yeah, we're all pretty excited. :-)

Now we're at the YMCA and I'm working on my fitness. (Yes, I can type/swipe on my phone while I'm on the elliptical machine.)

Next up? Early lunch and NAP TIME!

I got a feeling, it's gonna be a good, good year! ;-)

No comments: