OUR BUSINESS: For the past few months we (Deland and three partners...not including me) have been working on expand Clearview Window Washing Service, Inc. to include other services. However, we have decided to go back to just window washing. (Which means Deland is a business partner with Andrew who is over the commercial window washing.) With all this talk of a recession, the market is not as stable as we had hoped for expanding our services and we felt like we were letting our customer service with window washing slip. In a year or two we may try expanding our business again, but we will do it at a slower rate instead of trying to expand all at one time. We were disappointed that our expansion efforts didn't turn out like we had hoped, but we are excited to be back on track with what we know; window washing.
Another EXCITING aspect of our business lives is http://sendoutcards.com/deland. You should check it out. We use SendOutCards (SOC) for our personal lives, but also for Clearview Window Washing Service, Inc. We have received thousands of dollars from repeat business and referrals because of SOC. Also, we get paid for letting people know about SOC and how they can benefit from the service. It is a win/win situation. Deland is giving a sales presentation to 30 sales people right now at Courtesy Honda of Sanford. I am so proud of him. He leaves “no stone unturned” when it comes to ways for us to be successful. We are still learning, but the more things we try, our chances increase of being successful. We are on our way!
DELAND: Deland is in our home office most days scheduling jobs, marketing, handling "issues" with employees and customers, etc. As well as working to build SendOutCards. I fill in and help when needed. I am amazed at how well Deland does with everything. He is a “muli-tasker,” and a hard worker. Deland has big plans for his life and that of our family, and is willing to do what it takes to make those dream a reality. I feel sOo0oOo0, blessed to be married to a man I respect and admire.
ADDYSON: Addy is growing and becoming more wonderful each day. Honestly. She is so fun to be with. I feel lucky to be her mom. Addy is so patient with me when I am helping Deland in the office, need to get "stuff" done for Young Women's, or just taking care of our home. She loves to help me - in her own way. Putting laundry in the washing machine is one of her favorite way to help. Also, when I vacuum, Addy finds one of the attachments and follows me around pretending to vacuum. When I am working on the computer she is usually content to watch PBS Kids for a little while. Two weeks ago Addy started Nursery at church on Sundays. Because I am so busy on Sundays with Young Women’s, Deland has always taken care of Addy for all three hours. I don't know if I will be released as YW President when the new baby comes or not, but I am glad for Deland that he gets a little break on Sundays between children.
OUR BABY – 23 weeks gestation: This Monday (April 28th) I have a doctor’s appointment. We are scheduled to have a sonogram and hope to be able to find out if we are having a boy or a girl this time. If it is a boy, his name will be Joseph Stevenson Moghimi - after Deland's best friend/former mission companion and also Joseph Smith. If we are having a girl, her name will be Reagan Moghimi - after Ronald Wilson Reagan.
MOMMY: I am doing well. Except for the first trimester, I feel myself enjoying this pregnancy more than I did the first. (I was SO SICK the first 8-10 weeks.) I think it is because I am more prepared. I know what to expect this time around. This baby is already moving more than I remember Addy moving at this stage. I think this baby has figured out how to do summer-salts in my tummy. At all times of the day and night, this kid is moving all around. I can hardly wait to see what this baby's personality will be like. As a mom, I just want my children to have the desire to make good decisions and follow the Savior. Beyond that, I am ok with whatever they do. I hope I will allow them to freely live the best lives they know how. When they make mistakes, those mistakes will be theirs and so will the lessons they will learn from their experience. Well, that is pretty much all for now. I’ll post more picture of Addy and when we get them I will post sonogram pictures of the baby. Ta, ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment