Monday, June 30, 2008

EASY, YUMMY OATMEAL COOKIES – Healthier Version





Ok, so as you already know I am 32 weeks pregnant. With pregnancy comes increased apatite and for me an increased desire for snacks/sweets. I decided to attempt to make my favorite oatmeal cookies into a "healthier" version. To my surprise, they turned out pretty well. At lease we like them. Give them a try and see what you think!

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mix separately and set aside:
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1½ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla.

Combine and blend thoroughly:
1 ½ cups flour
½ Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Add:
3 cups quick oats
1 cup broken pecans
1 cup raisins

(or whatever you like – chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc.)

After the dry and wet ingredients are mixed separately, slowly combine the wet into the dry. I like to mix it with my hands to make sure it is completely combined. Don’t over “mix” the dough; because it is made with applesauce too much handling and ruin the recipe. Drop by teaspoon onto greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. (In our oven 10 minutes is just perfect.) Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

She looks likes she is definitely enjoying them. Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to give them a try.

Anonymous said...

I was able to try these straight from the oven, thanks JoAnn, they were yummy!