So, this is how far along I am. We reached 34 weeks (42 days to go) yesterday. I went for a Doctors appointment yesterday and everything seems to be going well. Dr. Felski says that Joseph will weigh at least as much as Addy (8 lbs. 2 oz.) and may be a little bigger. We'll have to wait and see! While I was at my appointment there was a new mom there with her 2-week old son. It looked like he weighed about 6 or 7lbs. (He was adorable!) I was telling the mom how cute I thought her son was and Doctor Felski said to me, "This is NOT the size of baby you have." I was not sure if I should be proud to have a large baby, or be scared of the delivery. O-well. I guess whatever happens is going to happen regardless.Little Joseph doesn't feel so little while he is growing inside of me. He is VERY active. But when I want to cry because I am tired of being kicked from the inside out, I remind myself that his being active is a good sign of my little baby being healthy and strong. We have 6-weeks go to until my "due date." (August 21st.) I am hoping and praying that he comes as close to his due date as possible. Addy was 6 days late. Dr. Felski says he won't let me go any longer than one week over. (Thank goodness!!!!)
Overall, I feel like this pregnancy has gone well. I don't really have room to complain. I have been so busy this time around that the last 9-months have gone by pretty fast. However, I am looking forward to getting my body back to myself. (While I am pregnant, I don't feel like I get any "me time.")
Also, I am really looking forward to seeing what Joseph looks like. I can hardly wait to kiss his little cheeks and have him wrap his little hand around my finger. I know this also means I will be going without sleep for several months, but I'm not sleeping so well right now anyway! I am getting to the point that I would rather have my baby in my arms than in my belly. It's just a matter of time now. I will patiently (as I can) play the waiting game.
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you. I know all too well the feeling of wanting your body back. Hang in there, it's almost over. I'm glad he is healthy and growing and active. You are right, it may be so annoying, but it is a good sign. :)
Ergh. Pregnant in summer. Not an enviable position. Nora was there last summer. But you seem to have such an optimism about it. Congratulations, by the way, on having a second one coming. You guys rock! What a good example you are, Jo.
I want to thank you for steering us towards that sleeping book. It has contributed significantly to our philosophy with Samuel, and he is an extremely happy and well rested baby. Take care.
HEY JoAnn! Nora here--I wanted to say congrats, and hang in there. Your family looks awesome, so happy and healthy. Also: where did you find the 'Love Song' by Enya? I'd love to add it to our collection...
Adam's absolutely right about the sleeping book--it's been a huge help. Cheers!
Post a Comment