The first photos were taken on the first night when we were in the ER. One of the worst parts of this whole experience was when the nurses had to "poke" Joseph 4 times in order to get a blood sample and insert the IV. The Doctor wouldn't even let Deland and I be there when they did the Spinal Tap. However, we could still hear him cry. I could tell by the way he sounded that the nurse had to fold him over as far as she could in order to get the spot they needed to get the fluid from his spine. I cried a lot this night.
After spending 4 or 5 hours in the ER we were admitted into the Hospital and had our own "room." I use the term room very loosely. It was a 3-wall cubbyhole with a curtain separating us from the nurses station. There was just enough room for Joseph's crib, a bench/bed for me, a movable table, and a sink. All of the rooms were that way, except for the rooms for patients who needed to be separated from others. I am glad to be home where we have lots of room to move around!
1 comment:
THe story an dpictures are enough to make me cry. I'm so sorry that you all had to go through this. I'm especially glad that everyone came home healthy.XOXOXOX
Post a Comment