
Hi guys! Just a little up date on the Moghimi household...
We are doing well. With all that has been going on with Joseph's birth and re-hospitalization, I forgot to post that Deland quit working at the car dealership. (I know we sound totally flaky. We are just trying to figure things out.) He did really well at Courtesy Honda, but he didn't like the work itself. The good news is that he has always wanted to try the car business and now Deland assures me that he has gotten it out of his system and is ready to really work on our business. So, we are continuing to work on our window washing company full time. We have decided to go back to basics and do some things we wished we had done in the beginning. Deland and his business partner, Andrew, went their separate ways. I never liked the idea of a business partner so I am THRILLED that we are back to doing the work ourselves. This allows us to have more of the money that comes in and will enable us to get out of debt (personally and for the business) a lot faster. After we are out of debt we will only need about $300 a week to live off of, which will help us put more money in the business and it will grow faster. We are really excited about this time in our little company.
I am doing pretty well. I am VERY sleep deprived. Joseph sleeps for 2 hours, then feeds for 2 hours, sleeps for 2 hours, feeds for 2 hours, etc. So I am getting somewhere between 3-5 hours of sleep per night. Addy just droped her late afternoon nap, so if she and Joseph don't take corresponding naps between 11:30am-1pm then I don't get to take a nap in the day. This of course makes for a cranky mom. But I keep telling myself that "this too shall pass." According to the book, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child, the first 6 weeks of a babies life are the hardest with no sleep pattern. From 6 weeks to 5 months there is a pattern, but it may be that the baby is awake all night. (It is not necessarily a convenient pattern.) But at least you know what to expect! After that you can begin to put the baby on a schedule. Anyway, I am looking forward to reaching that 5 month mark. It seems far away, but again "this too shall pass."
Addy and Joseph are doing well. Addy LOVES her little brother. She wants to touch, hug and kiss him all the time. Because she is so young we have to watch her very closely. She is still learning what gentle means.
That is it for now. The attached picture was taken 6 days after Joseph was born. We were at my parents house with all my sisters and their families to spend time with my Grandmother Sullivan who was visiting. Anyway, I hope you are doing well. Until next time...
3 comments:
What a cute little family you have. I wish you all the best of luck with your business. I hope it all works out for you guys. I'm glad that Addy loves her brother. Austin didn't pay any attention to Brooke when she was born. Now they love to play together. I know how tired you must be but hang in there and sleep whenever you can (even if it's just for 20 mins). Look forward to more posts. :)
Glad Joseph is feeling better and is home. Hope Addy feels better too. Cute family pic! Let us know if you need anything.
I love how you share everything with us on your blog. I feel like I get to be a part of your life! It sounds like things are going well. It is a lot of work having kids close together in age. Brigham and Kat are 20 months apart and that is a big shock on the system. I'm happy for revamped business venture. A happy husband is wonderful to live with!!!! Love ya'
Post a Comment