Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bitten


I am officially the newest member of the Twilight fan club. (Ok, I haven't actually joined THE fan club, but I did sign up on TwilightMoms.com) I saw the movie this weekend when Deland and I went on a double date with my sister Elisabeth, and her husband Christoper. I was not prepared for how much I liked the movie. Originally, I went to the movie more out of curiosity than anything. But Deland and I were pleasantly suprised (to say the least) that we LOVED the story line!

Elisabeth told me about the series months ago. She said that all of her friends had also read the books and they all couldn't get enough! She told me I just 'had to read them.' Well, I am the kind of person who ignores trends on purpose. Not because I don't like whatever it is, but because I don't like to follow blindly. Remember a few years ago when having your initials on your purse was popular? I thought it was cute like everyone else, but I refused to get one of those purses. When I was in in high school, if there was a guy that all the girls thought was 'so cute,' I wouldn't give the guy the time of day. Looking back I think I missed out on a lot of (possibly) good dates because of it. Anyway, I digress. I partly didn't read Twilight for the same reason. I just didn't want to be all hyped up about something because everyone else was.

Well, this series deserves all it's hype. I LOVE IT. Last week (even before I saw the movie) I bought my own copy of Twilight. I am glad I did. Now I am reading it every chance I get! I am almost half way through. As far as I'm concerned, Edward and Bella are right up there with Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe (from the Anne of Greene Gables series) and Ms. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy (from Pride and Prejudice). I admit, I think I like it because this book speaks to the 17-year-old teenage girl that is still inside of me. I'm ok with that. (Seriously, Edward is about the sexiest character I have seen in a LONG time. I mean, what girl/woman wouldn't want this guy to caress her face? Come on!) Stephanie Meyer may not get the Pulitzer Prize for her literature, but when it come to writing a good story line this lady knows what she is doing! I am glad to be the newest member of the Twilight fan club. I don't mind following this trend. As far as I can tell, I am in good company. I look forward to being 'bitten' by the other books in this series as I have been by Twilight.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Yea! I love that you have finally been “bitten” by Twilight! Funny how when you like something like Twilight you feel the need to tell other people about how great it is. I am glad that you are a member of TwilightMoms.com I have the news feed saved on my favorites (here it is if you have not seen it on the site yet http://twilightmomsforums.unrealblogs.com ) and I check it almost every day to keep up with the latest news about anything Twilight related. You can also check out http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com . There are so many sites but those are the two that I check most regularly. Oh and you also have to read Midnight Sun which is posted here http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html on Stephenie Meyer’s web site. You could read it after you are done reading Twilight or after you are done with the other three books. I wanted to call you to see what you thought of the book so far but I did not want to interrupt your reading time. Every moment you get to read is precious!

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Welcome to the club. I, like everyone else, LOVE twilight! When I was reading the books (I've read them several times now) it was all I could think about... Bella and Edward-sigh. I was a little disappointed with the movie, but I still really enjoyed it because well, it's Twilight. I can't wait until the sequal comes out and Twilight comes to DVD. Enjoy reading!