Thursday, January 22, 2009

"...I want to be like Mommy"


A simple lesson in the importance of checking homework assignments before the child hands them in. A first grade girl handed in the drawing above for a homework assignment.

After it was graded and the child brought it home, she returned to school the next day with the following note:

Dear Ms. Davis,

I want to be very clear on my child's illustration. It is NOT of me on a dance pole on a stage in a strip joint. I work at Home Depot and had commented to my daughter how much money we made in the recent snowstorm. This photo is of me selling a shovel.

7 comments:

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

I think we've seen this a dozen times and each time I just crack up!

Alissa said...

still makes me laugh. i'm also a tiny bit jealous that it wasn't my kid... how good would that be to blog about?!

Moghimi Family said...

Yea, this gives me something to look forward to; our kids in school. I laughed out loud at this. Crazy.

Rayleen said...

Hilarious!

Mona said...

Hurray! Joanne! You found me and I found you! How wonderful is the blogsphere. I'll love keeping up with your sweet family's comings and goings! I post every Sunday with reflections meant to support and inspire you as a wife and mom. I hope you'll pop in regularly.

I remember being discouraged when, at a stake YW luncheon where the new YW Medallion recipients were being celebrated, each of the girls answered the question in front of all of us: "And what do you want to be?" I remember their answers: "engineer", "doctor"...and the BEST one -- "astronaut"! Not a one had yet the wisdom of this little girl and her crayon.
LOVE YOU!
Mona

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!

I'm glad you found my blog!

Shiloah Baker said...

ROFLMBO! How FUNNY is that?!