On Monday, for Family Home Evening our family delivered mini cheesecakes to the ladies that my companion and I Visit Teach. We sang songs in the car (some church songs, some Christmas) and I got Addy out of the car to deliver the little cakes while Daddy and Joseph stayed put. When we got home we all ate the remaining 6 mini cheesecakes. While Addy was eating hers, she said "Mommy, this is the best party EVER!" I laughed and told her I was glad. Before we put the kids down for the night, Daddy gave a lesson on the proper order of prayer. (Start with "Dear Heavenly Father." Next we say, "We thank thee..." and proceed to thank Him for our blessings. Third we say, "We ask thee.." and ask for what we need/want. Then we end, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.") Well, after the lesson, Deland asked Addy to say the prayer. It went like this; "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank thee for our family, for cheesecakes, and for the best party EVER. We pray that we will have sweet dreams. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Deland and I were chuckling before the prayer was even over! We are so thankful for our sweet little Addy, and that she thought delivering treats then eating mini cheesecakes is "the best party EVER." I think we'll have to have a similar "party" a few more times this month. Happy December everyone!!!
Deland and I were chuckling before the prayer was even over! We are so thankful for our sweet little Addy, and that she thought delivering treats then eating mini cheesecakes is "the best party EVER." I think we'll have to have a similar "party" a few more times this month. Happy December everyone!!!
3 comments:
The Robertsons will continue to be gracious recipients of your cheesecakes so Addy can have more best parties ever!
Thats very gracious Debbie! Thanks. :o)
That is so dang cute.. gotta love the wonderful things that kids can say!
Post a Comment