This may not matter to all of you but I just wanna brag about my amazing husband. I certainly give him enough grief, so I want to balance it out with a little boasting. He deserves it. And because this is MY blog, I can do what I want. (Thanks for coming along for the ride!)
Four years ago (this coming April) we started what would become Window Cleaning Medics. We had just moved from
In November, a man named Mike approached Deland about selling our business to him. We had been looking into selling our business for over a year, but just hadn’t pursued it. But now it was right in our laps! For a long time, Deland had talked about starting a carpet cleaning business. However, it takes quite a bit of start up money, so we knew it would be a long way off. But, when the opportunity to sell the window washing business came along, we took a long look at carpet cleaning. After several weeks of reviewing our options we decided to buy a franchise of Clean As A Whistle, Inc. They are based out of
Mike paid us an original lump sum to purchase the business which we have used to turn around and start Clean As A Whistle Orlando. The majority of the money to purchase the business will be paid to us over a period of one to five years. (So, NO you can’t have a loan; we don’t have several hundred thousand in the bank.) *Oh, and we still have access to all the clients we have earned through window washing.* Deland has been working so hard to learn the art of carpet cleaning and several friends have let him ‘practice’ on their floors. (You guys are wonderful!) Deland will sign the papers to officially purchase the franchise in the next few days.
This feels like a new, fresh start for us. Window washing was good to our little family. It has been a rough few years, but we learned a lot. Our marriage has been tested, our faith and business knowledge have been tried many times. But through it all we have grown and been strengthened. We feel that Clean As A Whistle Orlando, will bring new opportunities and provide for our family a better life. (We are counting on it!)
Most of all, I am proud of my husband. When we started window washing, we knew everyone thought we were crazy. (Some days we wondered if everyone was right!) But Deland knew he wanted more for our family. He never got discourage from washing windows because he kept his eyes on the ‘prize’ of being the business owner of a “turn key operation.” Deland is the most motivated person I know. His faith in himself is indescribable. His faith in himself comes from his faith in our Heavenly Father. I am grateful for that because (I’m ashamed to admit) sometimes I have not had the faith in Deland that I should have had. He carried both of us when I could not walk anymore. Countless nights I have cried on his shoulder because I felt life was “too hard.” But he helped me laugh. And when I could not manage to laugh, he turned on our song (Danny's Song, by Kenny Loggins) and sang to me while we danced in our (very small) living room.
6 comments:
Joann! You are simply amazing! Sometimes life is rough, but you guys really seem to be figuring it all out together. I love it! Such an inspiration!
That's beautiful! It totally brought tears to my eyes. Of course it doesn't help that my emotions are very close to the surface right now, anything will set me off. =) I am so grateful Heavenly Father brought you and Deland together. You are both so amazing. We are so blessed to know you and call you friends. Love you both! =)
That is very sweet and touching, thank you for sharing!
Thanks, friends! We are still getting through the 'rough' part of starting the new business, but it will be shorter than it was the first time around. Anything worth having is worth sacrificing for, right? (At least that is what I'm counting on!)
This TOTALLY inspires me... I have been playing around with the IDEA to start a business... I am working on some of the start up stuff now... But I am not going to lie when I tell you that I am PETRIFIED! So thanks for that! Hope you are doing well!
I'm so proud of you guys! It's amazing to see all of the wonderful things you are both so capable of!
Post a Comment