"I used to be that way."
(From the book "100 Days of Weight Loss," by Linda Spangle)
(From the book "100 Days of Weight Loss," by Linda Spangle)

Assignment #1: Make a list of fears or negative behaviors that always seem to detour my weight loss success. I'm supposed to read each one out loud and say "I used to be that way, but now I'm different."
Behaviors:
- Over eating/eating all the food in front of me.
- Eating unhealthy food.
- Using food to deal with my emotions - happy, sad, anger, celebration,...you name it.
Fears:
- Loosing weight and I still feel unattractive.
- Reaching my goal weight and feeling too attractive. (Hey, these doesn't have to make sense, right?)
- I'm afraid that I'll reach my goal weight and then gain it back.
Assignment #2: Write new endings to each of the above behaviors/fears.
- I used to over eat and finish all the food in front of me, but now I just "taste" or eat until I'm satisfied. (Not stuffed like a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.)
- I used to eat unhealthy food, but now I make conscious, good, healthy choices with the food I put into my body.
- I used to use food to deal with my emotions, but now I sort through my feelings and try to understand why someone or something has effected me.
- I used to be afraid of loosing weight and STILL feeling unattractive, but now I know that regardless of what the scale says how I feel about myself comes from my heart, not the mirror.
- I used to be afraid of reaching my goal weight and feeling TOO attractive, but now I realize that my dedication to my family, my husb
and, our life and myself have nothing to do with a number on a scale. I'm happy and content with my life. - I used be be afraid that I would reach my goal weight and then gain it all back. Now I realize that I am strong enough to keep perspective and easily maintain my weight.
Assignment #3: Read these new outcomes often and then live in a way that makes them true.
Today's weight: 193.8 pounds
No comments:
Post a Comment